Friday, January 15, 2010

I haven't abandoned this...

And I did finish the 20th week of my guitar building course, even if I didn't blog about it. We took off the last day, so I had one of my friends from the course take me to Toronto, and we went out with another course friend on the last night that I was there. Did I fly the next day with a massive hangover? You bet!

I've been busy trying to get my business started in Amsterdam but the weather didn't cooperate with all of the snow. Since I don't have a car, the streets didn't bother me so much but the sidewalks were treacherous. The weather didn't get better until the day I left, of course.

I'm currently in the US seeing to my house that I've been renting out. It has been since October of 2004 since I've been inside, so I'm getting with the real estate agent that is taking care of it to see what needs to be done as far as carpet, paint, etc. I know that I'm going to have to replace the external heat/ac unit as some crackhead scumbag decided to steal it for the $30 of copper inside. I'll be prepared next time. While I'm here, I'm also buying some things for my business and buying some guitar parts to resell, since prices are so high in Holland. A pickup that is 95 dollars here is 95 euros there, a 40+% markup in just the currency exchange.

No comments: