Friday, November 13, 2009

Week 15





I made a bit of progress with the guitar this week and it is really starting to look like a guitar now. Starting on Monday, I removed the tape from the binding and filed it down to flush on the top, then contoured the back of the body with a nice rounded edge and a ribcage contour. I then sanded the complete body, trimmed out the neck pocket and fit the neck, drilled the holes through the body for the tele bridge, and drilled the holes/slotted the top for the blade style pickup selector switch. Today I stained the top with alcohol stain for the transparent black color that I'm going to have. Much to my disappointment, my inlay still has not shown up yet so I'm just going to go with a plain ebony neck as I'm not a big fan of dots.

No comments: