Friday, October 30, 2009

Week 13



I spent most of week 13 working on the neck for my guitar. It is a maple 3 piece laminated neck, with the core being of a nice piece of curly maple. I decided to go with a reverse Jackson style headstock and a mahogany body with a maple cap. Joe has made us do as much as possible on the necks with hand tools, just so we know how to do it that way. I also glued together the body this week and traced the design on top, but I haven't cut it out yet. I also worked on the template for the neck pocket and pickups and did a test of that today.

Halloween this week, but I'm stuck here with nothing to do. The weather is starting to get cold as well, with a slight chance of snow for this upcoming week. Ugh! But I'm down to forty something days, so that gives me something to look forward to.

No comments: