Saturday, October 17, 2009

SnapIt

For the last week or so, I have been using a new (to me anyway) screen capture program called SnapIt from Digeus Software. Previously I had used Windows print screen or ACDSee's screen capture, both of which are a bit unwieldy as I would always have to edit the image afterwards, which is a pain. SnapIt allows me to capture only the area that I want, so that I don't have to crop it later and it allows me to save the image in jpeg, gif, tiff, png, or bmp, so that I don't have to convert the file format later either, so the image is always useable just after the capture. Just the fact that I don't have to crop the image later is a winner for me. It also allows you to use a hot key of your choice, which I found to be very handy as well. I actually find myself capturing more things than before because it was such a hassle previously, and I didn't want to go through all of the steps. Being an online poker player, I occasionally want to capture tables because of particular hands, and this is definitely the quickest, easiest, and best way to do it. The program comes with complete documentation as well, so anyone can use SnapIt with ease. I highly recommend SnapIt to anyone that needs to do screen captures, whether it is the whole screen and just a part.

No comments: