Monday, December 17, 2007

Squeezebox

My girlfriend bought a Squeezebox for me for my birthday and it's the greatest thing since sliced white bread! I have a huge collection of music on my computer after ripping all of my CD collection to FLAC but listening through computer speakers really sucks. I have some good home speakers connected to a non-descript receiver so it is a lot better than the computer speakers. I find myself listening to music all the time now and even picked my guitars up again for the first time in a while. For the price, there is no way to beat the Squeezebox. The software for it is pretty open source so there are tons of plugins for it. I'm using the Audioscrobbler plugin so that everything that I listen to shows up on my last.fm page and because of scripts, also shows up on my blog and Myspace pages.

No comments: