Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Lost in the woods...

Seemed like the last two or three weeks I could do no wrong (well, almost) playing poker but this week...jeez. It is like a dominant pitcher in baseball that loses his release point or arm slot and it all goes to hell...and I guess golfers can relate. Well enough of that as I don't do bad beat stories. On a positive note, the Yankees have been playing like they should as of late and Boston is looking like a deer in the headlights. I went on the Sons of Sam Horn forum last night and the Red Sox fans are starting to get a little twitchy from the heat the Yankees are starting to put on and although the Yankees have the tougher finishing schedule, I still think they will catch them. They have had a definite boost from Phil Hughes coming back and Joba Chamberlain being called up and the pain that I felt when the Sox signed Eric Gagne must have just been something I ate as Gagne has shit the bed on a regular basis since becoming a member of the Red Sox. And as much as they tell you otherwise, the Red Sox and their fans still have an inferiority complex about the Yankees even after the big comeback a few years ago. Arod...the Yankees better resign him as there is no way they would be 4 back now without him. Also, it is a sad day for Yankee fans as Phil 'The Scooter' Rizzuto passed away at the age of 89. I really enjoyed hearing him do the Yankees games on WPIX with Bobby Murcer and Tom Seaver.

No comments: