Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The dollar...

is just absolutely getting hammered by the euro and the pound right now, as was chronicled in the NY Times today. Most Americans are paying for the flight in dollars and are getting sticker shock at the prices they are finding there. It's a good thing that my girlfriend gets paid in euros or I would probably pass on my upcoming September trip to Amsterdam. I'm interested to see what happens with the exchange rate when the chimp's term as President is over and someone else is in there as the exchange has been horrible since I had to start dealing with it in 2004 when I moved to Amsterdam. At least I was able to spend over 2 years out of the country while the chimp was running it. The Times also has an article about how the US has dropped the ball in Afghanistan and Iraq and we are all less safe than pre 9-11? Ummm, you think? Take your eyes off the real prize and funnel money into a bottomless pit.....

No comments: