Saturday, July 14, 2007

check 1 2 3....

Is this thing on? So where do I start....my gf is in Amsterdam for two months and I have way too many things to do. I killed a few hours at the pool today while rereading No Limit Hold 'Em Theory and Practice by Sklansky/Miller, one of my fave poker books that I always go back to, even when things are running well as they are now. I haven't played any tournaments for a while but the cash game has been running hot for a long while now and I had a great night at a fairly high stakes home game a week ago, which was the first time I have played live in months. Since I have plenty of time, I also picked up Joe Navarro's Read 'Em and Reap, the Full Tilt Poker Strategy Guide and pre-ordered Ed Miller's new book which should be out in a couple of weeks. I'm actually looking forward to flying out to A'dam in early September and playing in the Tuesday night donkfest there that they call a No Limit tournament. First two levels (20 minutes each) are with rebuys and the levels are 30 minutes each after that....pretty fast tournament that is good to practice speed play but pray for good cards as there are so many donkeys that will call to the river with nothing. I'm more looking forward to seeing all of my good friends in Amsterdam and at the Cave, Amsterdam's rock and metal club. Now back to the real world- I start a new job tomorrow as head of quality control over concrete/aggregates for a contractor here in Raleigh. A nice pay raise and all of the excitement/uncertainty that always comes with a new job. I should have gotten used to it by now though as I have changed jobs like jeans for the last year...maybe it had something to do with living in Amsterdam for over two years and not working at all!

No comments: